Next on the list: Better/Quieter cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecjahn

Daemon Poster
I finally ordered my replacement RAM, one stick of PC3200 512 OCZ Plat. 2-3-2-5, a few nights ago (if you remember, I've been needing it, for over... 6 months) and decided that I will now move on to replacing my noisy, noisy Tt Volcano 11.

I'm looking for reccamendations, on a very quiet HS/F combo, or just a really nice heatsink that accepts 92mm fans (I picked up a few 92mm Panaflo's from the nice local nerd friends), preferably copper.

(ReadMe) NOTES:
-Zalman flower-style HSFs will not fit on my NF7. I would definately shoot for one of these, and not even ask, but it's impossible.
-The Thermalright XP-90c seems to be out. It won't fit K7 processors.... right?
-Thermalright does make the SI-97, which is for K7. Anyone know anything about this one?
-Can't be too heavy, or too tall. I was looking at Thermaltake towers and theyre both heavy and tall. I know they are compatable, but I'm very concerned about all that weight, on it's side, laying/pulling on the fragile core.

Soo... I'm just looking for reccamendations and opinions... and any other information you all can contribute.
Thanks.

[Quick edit] If I read correctly, I think the SI-97 has a CPU shim that comes with it. This is a comforting thought. Crushed cored are no fun. [/Quick edit]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom