Next generation of graphics cards. - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-11-2005, 06:53 PM   #31 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 976
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by beedubaya
The 7800GTX really should have been named the 6900 Ultra, because its not enough of an improvement to warrant a new number series.
C'mon now beed, GeForce 7 is a huge improvement on the GeForce 6 series, no-one can deny it. Just not so much compared to the transition nVidia made between the FX series and GeForce 6.
__________________

__________________
AMD X2 4400+ Toledo 1MB/Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe/2GB Kingston HyperX/SLI Gigabyte 7800 GTX 256MB/Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS Plat w/ Creative Inspire 6.1 speakers /180GB Hitachi PATA/19\" AG Neovo F-419 LCD/OCZ PowerStream 600W PSU/WinXP Home SP2
DoomUK is offline  
Old 07-11-2005, 07:15 PM   #32 (permalink)
003
Wizard Techie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,312
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RedUK
Yeah I don't what to build it myself and they don't have some of those items in the PC builder section.

I also need a monitor So that was included in the price.

For £1,200.25 I can get:

Athlon 3800 64bit 939 Pin 512K Cache CPU Retail
K8N Neo4 Platinum Skt939 DDR PCI-E 16X ATX M/B
SX1040BII Black Server PC Case with 400 Watt PSU
Assembly/QC/Packaging for Aries PC System
Internal IDE Cable 40w/40w IDC 2 Drive
1GB PC3200 DDR 400MHz DIMM Memory
Caviar 40GB 8Mb Cache 7200RPM HDD OEM
Black CDRW/DVD Combi Drive 52x32x52x16x OEM
Black Bezel 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive 1.44MB
256MB nVidia Geforce 6800Ultra SLi PCI-E S-video
Black Multimedia PC Keyboard PS/2 with 17 Hotkeys
1yr On-Site Warranty for Aries PC
EnergyPro 17" CRT Black Monitor
EtherExpress Pro 100/F PCI Ethernet Card
Windows XP Home OEM Preload ARIES PCs
Works Suite 2005 OEM For Pc Use ONLY

Any good?
refer to the pm i just sent you.
__________________

__________________
so, umm, err yeah
003 is offline  
Old 07-11-2005, 07:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5,280
Send a message via AIM to beedubaya
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DoomUK
C'mon now beed, GeForce 7 is a huge improvement on the GeForce 6 series, no-one can deny it. Just not so much compared to the transition nVidia made between the FX series and GeForce 6.
How are you liking your GeForce 7800 GTX? You know I REALLY do want one of those, but my mobo only supports AGP, and I have socket 754, so I would basically be looking at a whole new system just to upgrade my graphics card. I heard there are some major image quality improvements with the 7800 series...how is it?
beedubaya is offline  
Old 07-11-2005, 07:42 PM   #34 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,006
Default

beedubaya dont worry, I'm sure ATI will take advantage of Nivida's blunder when they release their next generation.
__________________
6600GT PCI-E for sale/Trade. Check the FS/FT forums on tech-forums for details.
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77816
Hacp is offline  
Old 07-11-2005, 08:54 PM   #35 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 778
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RedUK
Yeah I don't what to build it myself and they don't have some of those items in the PC builder section.

I also need a monitor So that was included in the price.

For �1,200.25 I can get:

Athlon 3800 64bit 939 Pin 512K Cache CPU Retail
K8N Neo4 Platinum Skt939 DDR PCI-E 16X ATX M/B
SX1040BII Black Server PC Case with 400 Watt PSU
Assembly/QC/Packaging for Aries PC System
Internal IDE Cable 40w/40w IDC 2 Drive
1GB PC3200 DDR 400MHz DIMM Memory
Caviar 40GB 8Mb Cache 7200RPM HDD OEM
Black CDRW/DVD Combi Drive 52x32x52x16x OEM
Black Bezel 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive 1.44MB
256MB nVidia Geforce 6800Ultra SLi PCI-E S-video
Black Multimedia PC Keyboard PS/2 with 17 Hotkeys
1yr On-Site Warranty for Aries PC
EnergyPro 17" CRT Black Monitor
EtherExpress Pro 100/F PCI Ethernet Card
Windows XP Home OEM Preload ARIES PCs
Works Suite 2005 OEM For Pc Use ONLY

Any good?
And WHERE are you getting this from?
__________________
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.13GHz
Asus P5B-Deluxe WiFi Motherboard
OCZ PLATINUM REV2 2GB (1GB*2) DDR2-800Mhz RAM
Seagate 320GB 7200.10 SATA2 HDD
eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E Video Card
LITE-ON DVDRW w/ LightScribe
Lite-ON DVD-ROM Drive
Cooler Master Centurion 5 Case
FSP Group Fortron Blue Storm 500W PSU
Logitech MX 3000 Cordless Desktop
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speaker System
Acer AL2223W
Windows Vista Ultimate
Ankush09 is offline  
Old 07-11-2005, 09:11 PM   #36 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 976
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by beedubaya
How are you liking your GeForce 7800 GTX? You know I REALLY do want one of those, but my mobo only supports AGP, and I have socket 754, so I would basically be looking at a whole new system just to upgrade my graphics card. I heard there are some major image quality improvements with the 7800 series...how is it?
Magnificant performance increase over the 6800 GT (overall up to 1/3rd of the top of my head). Biggest boost I find is in (the) Doom 3 (engine), no question . The transparency and gamma-correct anti-aliasing features of the GPU are wonderfull to look at in games like HL2 (to the critical eye that is); essentially, smooth edges look even more realistic ...

Oh, oh!: and her fan is quiter than the 6800 GT's, AND she draws less power (or so they say, haven't actually tested it myself personally)...

In a word, she kicks ***
__________________
AMD X2 4400+ Toledo 1MB/Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe/2GB Kingston HyperX/SLI Gigabyte 7800 GTX 256MB/Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS Plat w/ Creative Inspire 6.1 speakers /180GB Hitachi PATA/19\" AG Neovo F-419 LCD/OCZ PowerStream 600W PSU/WinXP Home SP2
DoomUK is offline  
Old 07-12-2005, 12:14 AM   #37 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12
Default

Man... Those companies are always outdating their cards. I guess that this is too bad for me because of course, games are going to get better, and are going to require really kick *** video cards/setups. It's unfortunate that I can't spend $250 dollars on a new card every time there is a milestone in computer graphics or upgrade my computer (mobo, etc.). Hopefully these companies will make their high end cards somewhat more affordable. I've been computer gaming since the 80's, and just about every 3-5 years I have to update. I'm gonna be broke here. Oh well. I'm happy with what I've got (Geforce FX 5600Ultra), although that might be "out of date" It's almost time for yet another update.
bd2988 is offline  
Old 07-12-2005, 08:33 AM   #38 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 131
Default

Which is better:

Galaxy Geforce 7800GTX
MSI Geforce 7800GTX
XFX Geforce 7800GTX
RedUK is offline  
Old 07-12-2005, 10:22 AM   #39 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 778
Default

XFX
__________________
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.13GHz
Asus P5B-Deluxe WiFi Motherboard
OCZ PLATINUM REV2 2GB (1GB*2) DDR2-800Mhz RAM
Seagate 320GB 7200.10 SATA2 HDD
eVGA 7600GT 256MB PCI-E Video Card
LITE-ON DVDRW w/ LightScribe
Lite-ON DVD-ROM Drive
Cooler Master Centurion 5 Case
FSP Group Fortron Blue Storm 500W PSU
Logitech MX 3000 Cordless Desktop
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speaker System
Acer AL2223W
Windows Vista Ultimate
Ankush09 is offline  
Old 07-12-2005, 10:41 AM   #40 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 131
Default

How are they different?

Also would Kingston 3200 184-pin DDR work with a MSI Neo4 Platinum nForce4 Ultra board?
__________________

RedUK is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.