Newly Installed Water Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I recetly got a new water cooling system, actally it's my first. Nothing special, it's not for overclocking or anything, just top get my processor nice and cool. I like to have lots of fans in my computer to keep it nice and cool, but now I got his to keep it equally as cool. But that is my problem, it is EQUALLY as cool. I got this whole thing installed, and there is no change in temperature at all. If anything, it's 1 or 2 degrees hotter than it was with just fans. I know that since the kit is nothing special (Thermaltake Aquarius 2) it wont be that much of a temperature difference. But I wanted at least like 10 degreees or something like that. I was wondering if maybe it was the thermal compound application. I used Arctic Silver, but maybe not enough? Maybe too much? See, I have gotten two answers in my quest on knowledge of the proper amount of thermal compound application. I have heard to cover the whole chip (This is actually how the instructions said to do it) and I have heard to put a tiny amount in the center of the chip. Barely any. The waterblock is also nothing great. I put on compound so that it was a little X in the center of the chip, and the water block slipped around on the chip relatively freely. As if were on ice. Then I tightly secured the block, and finished. I was worried that maybe I put too much compound on? Should I have convered the whole chip with a nice thin layer? It would be nice if I could finish this quest for knowledge for thermal compound application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom