Newegg VS. UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhOsT1321

Daemon Poster
These are a few pictures of my recent package from Newegg. It is rare that I get a package like this so I thought I would share.

DSCF0823.jpg

Side, he picture is a bit misleading, the side is pretty badly dented in, about 3 inches in the center and 1-2 on the area surrounding. (ignore the cardboard taped to the box, I put it there to keep my address hidden from the assassins that tried to get to my package :D)

DSCF0824.jpg

Side, there are ripples in the cardboard from compression.

DSCF0825.jpg

Side, this side is actually pretty good, about what you would expect from a shipped package.

DSCF0826.jpg

Side, this side is pretty badly compressed, damage to the cardboard is apparent.

DSCF0827.jpg

Top, two small punctures, possibly from the corners of some other box(es).

DSCF0828.jpg

Top, showing the compression not only to the side, but to the top as well.

DSCF0829.jpg

Bottom, compression lines in the middle.

DSCF0830.jpg

Nice try UPS, but despite your attempt to crush, puncture and destroy the item inside, Newegg's shipping material has bested you. The item arrived just fine.

Just thought I would share my experience and my pro camera skills.

Well, that's UPS for ya. I have never received a package like that, maybe badly rubbed corners, but thats about it. I always try to go with Fed-Ex. As long as there is plenty of peanuts on all 4 sides, you are mostly OK no matter what the package does.

Edit: How can you compare Newegg to UPS? Newegg only supplies the material, they don't do their own shipping.

Well, that's UPS for ya. I have never received a package like that, maybe badly rubbed corners, but thats about it. I always try to go with Fed-Ex. As long as there is plenty of peanuts on all 4 sides, you are mostly OK no matter what the package does.

Edit: How can you compare Newegg to UPS? Newegg only supplies the material, they don't do their own shipping.

That is true, I was suggesting that Newegg's packaging overcame UPS lack of care with packages.
I always use UPS and I order online a lot, I choose it because it's cheapest, even the packages that arrive like this still make the lower quality of UPS worth the price. Because I choose UPS however, it is very important to me that the vendor packages items well.

My intent was not for this to be a bad review, I have never received anything DOA in my life, assuming you are using the acronym DOA as in Dead On Arrival. Just sharing my experience, I am a bit confused as to what exactly bothers you and MOM about my comments, I don't remember saying anything about a DOA product.

I don't see where he's said anything bad about Newegg or anything about a DOA. In fact, what he is saying is, despite UPS's best attempt to damage his purchase Newegg's superior packaging skills have won the battle. I see this as complimenting Newegg :thumbsup:

In the future I suggest actually reading the post and not just the title.

Edit: I have seen boxes arrive in worse conditions, a lot worse.

Yea, this is kinda a battle between the egg, and a delivery company, newegg wins as they know how hard things are thrown around in shipping facilities, and UPS lost, because they didn't cause harm to the internal package.

But, FedEx and UPS ship the same way, they use trucks, planes, and conveyors, somewhere a box will land on top of another box, and sometimes, a box gets crushed by others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom