Newegg.com's air duct spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeraldice

Daemon Poster
When you look for Cases on Newegg, they have an advanced search option. There's an 'air duct' option. What's an air duct and how is it useful for a computer?

If i'm not mistaken, an air duct is a tube from the side of the case that has a fan in it. the tube is directed at the CPU cooler and allows fresh, cool air in for better CPU cooling. :)

Its sometimes called an overclockers kit, basicly its a flexable tube on a side fan that can mount onto the HSF on your CPU to bring in cold air from the out side instead of useing air allready in the case.

huh...I am also learning something today, haha. So, can you order these air duct kits and put them in any case?

The air duct is really more for P4's than AMD based systems.

P4's are known to run very hot. Most notable the prescotts. If you notice in the spec. on most sites, the case will say, "P4 Prescott Ready." or something like that.

The prescotts/HS&FANS cool much better when the hot air in the HS fins is pulled out of the case by the fan on the HS then through the airduct, sometimes with an additional fan and out of the case.

It's better then the HS/FAN then the system fan trying to remove the hot air... It also keeps the system temp down...

getting a cpu fan would be much more beneficial

also, wouldn't the air duct lead more dust into the cpu fan?

sounds like a gimmic to me but who knows maybe they do something... i mean im sure they do SOMETHING but whether it is something good or bad idk... also even if it did do something i cant see it affecting anything that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom