NewEgg

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerman

Fully Optimized
I know everyone says newegg rocks but they are really starting to piss me off. I got my order of a Blue Raidmax Cobra and Crucial 256mb PC2100 on 08-19-04. That night I decide the case is damaged beyond repair so I have my mom call fedex to get a claim number. Okay so everything is going good, we get the number and we call newegg, ok they're not open so the next day my mom call's newegg from her work and they said that she should recieve an email soon (within a day or two) telling her what to do next. Okay so 10 days later still no email. We called new egg a few days ago and they said they had no record of us ever calling them. So we start the process over again and guess what, still no email. I am not a very impatient person but I feel if I paid for something then I should have what I paid for damnit.

If anybody has any experiences with returning/exchanging stuff with newegg then post it here. I really want to get this computer built, it's my first and school is like torture for nothing because there is nothing to look forward to when I get home.

There, I feel a little relieved.

-Mitchell

Sorry mitchell....I've only had one newegg experience...got the vantec tornado fan and it was delivered 2 days ahead of schedule...never had to return anything before.

instead of calling you should just go here:

https://secure.newegg.com/app/Login.asp

That's how I've always gotten my RMA requests from zipzoomfly, or chaintech and they've responded that way, screw phone calls, those can't be on file....an e-mail is undeniable

Nubius is right. I had to return some ValueRAM to newegg, and I requested an RMA number online. I followed the directions and mailed it to the address, and they had an online status check of the RMA. I was a little nervous about sending something in without talking to a rep or anything, but it all went smoothly. Within a week and a half after shipping it, my account was recredited with the payment.

this has nothing to do with your ?

but i was curiouse... was the case damaged when it was shipped to u, or did u damage it after it was shipped to u?

It was damaged during the shipping process, Fedex is very rough on their packages. When I got a X-Dreamer II in, the guy just dropped it on the doorstep and had it facing down.

I have made 4 orders from newegg. Always get my packages ahead of schedule. Although Fedex did bend my case a little, but i was able to bend it back...for the most part. I made 1 RMA with some ValueRAM because it didn't work. Sent it in and had a replacement in my hand 4 days later.

I love Newegg.

Ive been lucky and havent had to ship anything back.However ive been trying to buy a ASUS A8V Deluxe VIA K8T800 Pro Chipset-AMD Socket 939 , AMD-939 Athlon 64 FX-53-1MB L2 Cache-64-bit Processor but stock runs out fast.Now they have it again but jumped from $899.00 to $975.00.zipzoomfly did a price jump also $825.00 to $890.00 the mobo at zipzoomfly was $139.99 and $149.99 at newegg.I ended up geting a pre-tested combo set from www.monarchcomputer.com with 1 exception the mobo was a version 2 wich has a few flaws fixed from the original
and a free Far Cry game for $1050.00 free shipping .
It pays to shop around :)

digitalninjas said:
It was damaged during the shipping process, Fedex is very rough on their packages. When I got a X-Dreamer II in, the guy just dropped it on the doorstep and had it facing down.

You should give that new company call dhl it like ups and fedex but smaller and probably willing to get it to your house on-time and non dinted

on another note - I had a cell phone from verizon. Ok I just moved to montana and my sprint doesn't work (nationwide my ass) anywho it take then 8 days to get a cell to me. because verizon didn't get my apt number so fedex couldn't deliever it and then it not under my name so I can't activate it. it was under my mothers name and I couldn't change anything so I could't use it for another day.. oh by the way when I go the box the cell box was in the box was dinted beyond belief.

Well I guess I will try the online thing when I get home from school (in comp and tech class). My mom called earlier from her work today but I don't know how that went. I will let everyone know.

Yeah that sucks about the price jumps and whatnot. I hit up like 4 different sites, go through the whole checkout process right up until you put in your card so I can see what site is the cheapest after shipping and taxes =P I NEVER just look at the price....newegg especially kills you with shipping. And yeah I wanted to get the eVGA 6800 128mb from zipzoomfly cause it also came with free FarCry...although I already have it cause I downloaded it when it came out.....you have any idea how hard it is to find and download a 3.45gb file? =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom