Newbie question on computer case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgravi

Beta member
I am trying to build my own PC. I bought a fudin case, and only 3 surface mounts were supplied with the case. If I used the surface mounts, then the IO ports on my motherboard( USB/kB/Mouse etc) would not fit into the panel on the case properly, but it fits if I don't use the surface mounts. The case has raised slots for the surface mounts to fix the motherboard. And there are 5 raised portions to fix the motherboard, but there is none at the corner where the power connector on the motherboard is.
If I don't use the surface mounts, I cant boot my machine, it starts and then immediately stops. If I use the surface mounts, the machine boots up properly, but the IO ports are horribly mismatched wrt to the case.

Any help is appreciated very much
Thanks

are you saying that you have mounted your motherboard directly to the case with out the mounts and tried to boot it up. the ports on the machine may require a different face plate. If you look on the case you can see that the place where the ports show thorough, that part can be removed and a proper one that shows all of your ports can be installed. Not quite sure what you have done but never screw the mobo to the case with out the risers. Lucky you did not blow it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom