Newbie in need of help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
U can actually use the old heatsink n' fan .. that's provided u don't intend overclocking the processor .

I wouldn't use the "included" Heatsink/fan if ya buy retail. Get you a good quality setup. I use coolermaster products. I went thru HELL because of inferior setups. Remember that little Fan is what keeps that expensive CPU Alive!:D

If you buy an after market heatsink/fan, you'll want to make sure that it is compatible with your motherboard, and with your CPU.

If you aren't sure, you can go to the heatsink manufacturer's website, and check there.

There are all kinds of heatsinks, and all types of fans for every budget. Once you find a product that interests you, do a little research on it (google the component name and find reviews). Also, remember to use a good quality thermal paste, such as Arctic Silver.

It's either AMD or Intel for the Heatsink/Fan setup. One fits the other one doesn't. Pretty Vanilla:cool:

i would suggest getting a whole new motherboard and proc. The duron u have is really old in computer years, and todays stuff is a LOT faster. You should be able to get a mobo and proc for 300 maybe less. dont waste ur money upgrading from a really slow proc to a still slow proc.

yep, totally true
AMD don't want people with their mobos to put in an intel CPU and vice versaso they design their own sockets.
you should be able to upgrade to an Athlon XP CPU, they are not very expensive now even new. you could just get a 1800 since it is fast enough to play high end games

Go to http://www.freshdevices.com/ and download the program FreshDiagnose run it and it tells everything about your computer setup even what type of cpu and socet you are running. Also there is another program called adia32 that you can find that does about the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom