Newb Here - Looking for some Wisdom...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElCount

Solid State Member
I need to buy a desktop within the next month or so...I've been on another site where deals are posted and a few have interested me. I'm trying to spend under a thousand which I'm sure is easily manageable.

I need it for school mainly, IM, and internet, downloading movies and music, photoshop, music producing and film editing software. On my current computer it's slow at times, lags, and freezes, and I get blue screen once in a while and don't want those problems again.

-Need at least 160GB hard drive
-Flat Screen monitor
-CD/DVD burner
-Don't know much about RAM but I've heard 1GB is excellent, and I've even seen deals for 2GB.
-As for processors, I'd like something good but nothing powerhouse, but there are so many varieties of processors that I just don't understand 'em.

Here are some deals someone recommended me off another forum.
Incog Deals: Dimension E521 Desktop with Dual Core Processor, 512MB, 80GB & 19-inch LCD Monitor - Nas Forum - The Illest Hip Hop Forum on the Internet

Incog Deals: Dell SB - Dimension C521 Desktop with Athlon Dual Core Processor, 1GB, 80GB & 20-inch LCD Monitor - Nas Forum - The Illest Hip Hop Forum on the Internet (just need 2 upgrade HD)

Incog Deals: Dimension 9200 Desktop with Core 2 Duo Processor, 2GB, 160GB and 20-inch Widescreen LCD - Nas Forum - The Illest Hip Hop Forum on the Internet (just need a burner)

-> One of them has a videocard which I don't know if is necessary, from what I've heard a videocard or graphics card is only necessary if your into gaming.
-> As for processors, I've heard AMD's are faultier than Intel but I don't even know myself. And I dont quite understand all the specs on processors especially AMD...all this athlon x2 3000+ stuff...For Intel ones, I've always been told get something better than 3GHz. And even then the MB, Cache, and FSB stuff still confuses me. And then I see these dual core processors and don't get what thats about either.
-> And also for CD/DVD drives and burners I don't get this 8x, 16x, 48x stuff either...

If any1 can answer my questions, or overlook the deals I posted, or even recommend new ones that'd be great, thanks.

I think I found a more appropriate section for this thread so I copy/pasted it there, can a mod delete this thread since I don't have the power to? Thanks in advance.

closed2ur0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom