New X1800 XL tidbit

Status
Not open for further replies.
ook, and the 7800GTX gets like 7500 in a crappy system, but as I can see in a system like yours it gets 8k....sooooo basically this X1800XL is looking to be quite the crappy product?

Remember those rumors of it hitting like 10K...PSHT......nvidia and ati are BOTH failures this time around, but now it's time to see who the biggest failure is

Yeah seriously, for a new generation I was expecting a minimum of 8,000 in 3Dmark, preferably something closer to 10,000 since IMO that's about where it should be

Especially with the rate game engines have been advancing in the past few years, these cards are utter flops

10 bucks says they didn't bother making them as powerful as they could because they want you to buy a second card and DOUBLE YOUR POWER WITH SLI :rolleyes:

yeah and when it comes down to Crossfire(god I hate that name) vs SLI I think crossfire is better the way they have it setup, but either way I hate this 'buy 2 cards' BS

I got 8k only after some overclocking of my GTX (490/1300). At stock frequencies I get around the 7,500 mark.

As for Crossfire (yes that name gets on my nerves too), what you have to rermember is that although it allows for two non-idenical cards to be bridged (thus being more 'user friendly' etc), I think the faster card will only runs as fast as/uses the features of the lowest common demoninator, eg a X1800 will downclock it's GPU/VRAM frequencies to that of a paired X850 XT or whatever... I stress think, as I'm not 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom