New Wireless Modem Router

katallozi

Solid State Member
Im looking to get a new wireless modem router, im currently looking at these two:

1.) Netgear N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

2.) Belkin Wireless N600 Modem Router ADSL (BT Line): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Both seem to have a fair amount of negative reviews, however i have no choice but to buy one because my current Beklin modem router's ac adapter has broken. Which one of the two should i go for, or is there another alternative?

Im looking to get a new wireless modem router, im currently looking at these two:

1.) Netgear N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

2.) Belkin Wireless N600 Modem Router ADSL (BT Line): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Both seem to have a fair amount of negative reviews, however i have no choice but to buy one because my current Beklin modem router's ac adapter has broken. Which one of the two should i go for, or is there another alternative?

can't you buy a new AC adapter?
should be cheap on ebay

i thought about that, but these new routers have dual band and also my current router doesnt let more than 3 or so devices be connected at one time

i was never satisfied with Belkin devices
i'd prefer Linksys or level1 or netgear
currently i have a linksys wag320n which is a really great router
it supports 802.11/BGN and has 1gbps switch

very easy to setup with friendly interface and a good firewall
highly customizable
a small bad thing is that it doesn't support SNMP

i was never satisfied with Belkin devices
i'd prefer Linksys or level1 or netgear
currently i have a linksys wag320n which is a really great router
it supports 802.11/BGN and has 1gbps switch

very easy to setup with friendly interface and a good firewall
highly customizable
a small bad thing is that it doesn't support SNMP

the linksys wag320n looks really pro, does it have simultaneous 2.4ghz and 5ghz?
what is the usb port on the back for? and also what is SNMP? :p

no. transmition on the wireless interface will either be 2.4 or 5. it cannot be done simultaneously.

the usb port can be used to connected an external USB hard drive so it can be shared among all computers on your local network.

SNMP stands for Simple Network Management Protocol and can be used to gather usage data along all interfaces on the router

oh ok, im sure my macbook can get on the 5 band but dont know about my phones. thanks for your help, based on the reviews i think i will go for the Cisco

Back
Top Bottom