New WD Ext. HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipStream

Beta member
I should be getting, in the mail, a new Western Digital "Essential" HDD in the next few days.

First of all, I did not get an XP formatted drive as I am entertaining the idea of setting it up to add the Ubuntu Linux OS. Whether I do that or no I will have to format it for XP MCE Pro so that I can use it to B/U my IDE HDD on my Sony Vaio. (VGC RA840G).

What I had not considered is the fact that the computer came with the XP OS installed and only recovery discs. Therefore, I have no OS discs for formatting the new HDD. I am aware that the new HDD comes with the disc containing Drivers and that the USB 2.0 will be recognized by my HDD. Beyond that I am seeking knowledge of how to proceed once it arrives and I am ready to go.

If you need any more info to help me with this please email me and I will jump back to the forum with needed information. thanks in advance.

I thought FDISK was for an older Win OS, '98 or older. Not savvy enough to know for sure, but, that may be an idea if it would work on XP MCE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom