New Video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roaddog

Solid State Member
I just purchased a New 32MB GeFORCE NVIDIA from a guy on ebay, and maybe its me but I put it into my 800 PIII IBM NetVista
6648-SBU running XP Home with 32MB onboard video and get nothing but a black screen??? even after I installed the drivers nothing but a black screen, so I put it into a old 450 PIII compaq
Deskpro with XP Pro and it works until Windows finds new hardware and installs drivers and must restart computer and then it restarts and again nothing but a black screen:confused:
A friend of mine said I have to disable the onboard video, Ok
so how do I do that, he don't know.
So is it me or is the video card dead, and if I do need to disable onboard video how do I do it:confused:

You'll have to either disable your onboard video through jumpers on your motherboard or through its BIOS. Consult your computers manual for more information.

If disabling the onboard video doesnÂ’t work then it's probably the video card that has the problem.

Go to the Manufacturer web site, there should be jumpers to shut down the onboard video.. ALso you may be able to look on the board and see the jumper.. If you see it just move it over from 1 position to the other then just leave it.

Thanks guys for the help, but someone emailed me and said I can turn off onboard video in Windows display advance setting and it worked.
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom