new vid card installation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaksback

Fully Optimized
alright, just bought a new vid card for a friends computer. his old one was a Winfast Gforce2 mx. the new one is a Powercolor Radeon 9200 128 mb.

after uninstalling the Nvidia drivers, removed the old card, installed the new card, booted back up........and nothing, no signal to the monitor......why?

should I have installed the new driver for the Radeon first? shouldn't the computer installed the default VGA drivers? what do I do now?

try restting cmos, and change the vid card settings in bios if u can get there. u need to choose the correct card type for the vid to boot

try resetting cmos, it prolly kept setting from the old card. i dunno what else to think of.

gotta go to work, will be back in 9 hours to continue with this prob.

any other ideas or suggestions are welcome.......ahem.....TheMajor....Microbell....Mikesgroovin

believe me the card is set in right.......ahemmm. I'm fixin to reset the cmos and see what happens.

didn't work.......

hehehehe......you'll never guess what it was....the card had a jumper labeled NTSB and PAL came factory set to PAL which we believed was for European standard so my friend moved it to the NTSB. After a few struggles and ending up stumped I had the bright idea to move it back to the factory setting of PAL and BINGO .....it worked......so far.....

Trust Me. I solve this on about 10 computers.

the video card has a certain sound and feel when you put it in correctly (kind of hard to explain it) . it is real easy to put it in wrong. It will fit in wrong. Pci cards don't do it. However AGP do

Amd's computers usually won't come on until it is right. pentium's has a tendency to fry the video card. if this is a pentium, then you problably a different problem.

I was telling a guy who has big computer business about this problem once when he had this problem on a customer's computer he didn't beleive me. I promptly pull it out, reset it and the computer comes on

jaksback said:
believe me the card is set in right.......ahemmm. I'm fixin to reset the cmos and see what happens.

didn't work.......

hehehehe......you'll never guess what it was....the card had a jumper labeled NTSB and PAL came factory set to PAL which we believed was for European standard so my friend moved it to the NTSB. After a few struggles and ending up stumped I had the bright idea to move it back to the factory setting of PAL and BINGO .....it worked......so far.....

good to hear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom