New System Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh

Desktop Engineer
Though i've been building and repairing pc's for 7 years now, I still want to see what everyone thinks about my new system build. Basically just building it for gaming. Total system cost is about $1200. The build is on my signature.

Not bad at all. However, there is no such thing as a 3.4GHz Athlon 64. You have an Athlon 64 3400+ which runs at approximately 2.2 GHz with a 1MB L2 cache.

yeah, the cpu thing is the only problem i can see there. Much better than my system, by far. Firstly AMD created thier numbering systems to compare with Intel chips. But now Intel has changed thier numbering systems. So its all very confusing.

The numbering game is different. The AMD chip is comparable to the Intel chip running at a particular speed.

Wow, congrats on your new comp. I wish I had the budget to build my own comp but for now i'm just doing whatever I can to upgrade on my old Pentium III, Win 98, 128 SD, 25 gig HD, Radeon 7000 ultimate gaming computer. :D

Lol what speed is your CPU? Ive got a couple 650's and a 700 P3 here nad some ram for them...

Ok yeah i knew that, just thought you guys were talking about something different. Story is AMD started posting the speeds they really run at but they lost sales because people would compare them to Intel, so they started advertising there speeds when compared to Intel. Thanks for your opinion guys,
-R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom