New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. The manufacturer.

Unless you have a graphics/visual technician on hand or a custom GPU developer.

SLI is not cheap right now. To be honest with you, there is no point of getting SLI if your not going with top of the line processors and video cards. Because if you don't get the fastest processor, it will bottleneck your SLI setup. If you go for let say 2x Geforce 6600 that will also be pointless, because as of now it has performance of a single 6800 ultra. As neosteve say how much are you willing do dish out. In my general opinion, you're going to need at least 3000, that's only if you're building it yourself. For big companies like vooodoo or alienware be prepared spendings from 3.5k-5k.

i'm just wondering of places similar to ibuypower and places like that where i can configure my own system. im thinking fx-55 with 2x6800gt

SLI is just not important for gaming. Unless you're doing high-end development work with 3D apps, or heavy CADing, you don't need that kind of power. The home-user PC SLI setup is nearly all a worthless marketing ploy for people with too much money. Kinda like putting fins on your car.

Shoobie, SLI was designed for gaming.

Their are no workstation cards that I know of that work in SLI, unless NVIDIA came out with one.

tbh its a lot cheaper/ wiser to make your own
alienware ibuypower are having a field day with the prices on their sli pcs

DJ-CHRIS, SLI was not designed for gaming. Remember, SLI makes no difference in gaming, if you take a look at benchmarks. Maybe a slight difference, yes, but I don't see how that is worth almost $1500. SLI was designed for workstation and intense graphics environments that more intense than any game you will ever play for a good while. So, stop giving people the wrong idea. Dynasty, scrap the SLI and get yourself a 6800GT and you'll be set for some sweet gaming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom