New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bouryokudan

Baseband Member
Should I get the AMD 64 Clawhammer 3200+ or the AMD 64 Newcastle 3400+ and what is a good motherboard? This is what I'm planning to get so far.

Processor: One of the above.
Video Card: eVGA NVIDIA 6800GT
Motherboard: ?
Memory: ?
HDD: ?
Sound Card: ?
Speakers: ?
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 955DF 19" Dynaflat
Case: Thermaltake Xaser III

If you could help me fill in the ? that would be great. Also if you have a suggestion instead of the ones I have chose that would be great too.

The clawhammer 3400+ has 1 mb level 2 cache ram as opposed to the newcastle 3400+ which has 512k. If the clawhammer 3200+ also has 1mb cache i would take the extra cache ram over the 200 mhz clock speed anyday. Go for the clawhammer.

Bouryokudan said:
Should I get the AMD 64 Clawhammer 3200+ or the AMD 64 Newcastle 3400+ and what is a good motherboard? This is what I'm planning to get so far.

Processor: One of the above.
Video Card: eVGA NVIDIA 6800GT
Motherboard: ?
Memory: ?
HDD: ?
Sound Card: ?
Speakers: ?
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 955DF 19" Dynaflat
Case: Thermaltake Xaser III

If you could help me fill in the ? that would be great. Also if you have a suggestion instead of the ones I have chose that would be great too.

motherboard : Abit K8V K8T800 Pro
memory : corsair xms pc3200 2x512
hdd : seagate SATA drive (you choose capacity)
sound card : creative labs sound blaster audigy 2 zs gamer
speakers : logitech z-5300

whats your budget?

I'd choose western digital over a seagate HD, buuuuut ehh thats just my personal pref. couple western digital 10,000rpm raptor drives =)

well yeah, but im not talking about the raptors . . . im talking about regular sata drives

motherboard : Never messed w/AMD so I don't know
memory : AT LEAST 512MB Dual Channel DDR (if it can be supported)
hdd : AT LEAST 80GB (any company I suppose except Maxtor; heard bad things about 'em)
sound card : Same as what Koldapu says (I would have got it, but I ran out o' mula)
speakers : AT LEAST 2 speakers w/subwoofer (Logitech is good with these sort of products)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom