new system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, for the past 2 weeks, i have been going around the neighborhood door to door asking for yard work and pc work, and amazingly I have gotten about $500 us in 10 days. currently, i have one system ordered, and one shipping in the next few days. here are the specs with the newegg links too all of the parts. each system is roughly $350. what we currently have is the motherboard, processor, and 2gb of ram.

MOBO
CPU
RAM
CASE
HDD
CD
PSU
FANS (120)
FANS (80)
HEATSINK

so what you guys think? its pretty quick, it totally pwns my hp (pc1) even on an ide hdd. but then again, its got 2gb of ram, lol.

Looks ok....Should of went with the BIOSTAR TForce 550 motherboard. And why did you skimp on the PSU? That doesn't even sound like a reliable brand. The FSP 400W, would of been way much better and reliable. The PSU is the most important part of the computer. The rest is good.

lol. havent gotten that yet. that has to be better than the current 580w that we have that a freaking processor weighs more than....its cheap. came with a freinds case, so i dont know. i just need 2 good ones, but they cant be too much. luckilly im fixing a clients pc now, (eazy fix...first had bad ram, then overheated, then cpu went out, then ide cable ripped, then dvd went out, then hdd went out...one thing after another. so its got the 80gb from above in it, a 1.6ghz p4, 768mb of pc-133 ram oc at 166, and an 80p instead of a 40p ide connector)

well, im gonna ask 150 for it, just becasuse it took me 3 days to fix, almost 20 hours straight, but it was mostly my fault at overlooking a faulty ide cable, and that the mobo cant run ddr and pc ram at the same time, but the dvd wasnt me. almost lost all his files, he was cool with it tho, but his wife went psycho, so i went back here grapped the hp, used nero and backed up the drive to my 160, and put the files on the 80. its funny tho, 5min after i completed the backup, the hdd refused to spin up. it would seek, but not spin, lol. i hate hitachi hard drives.

well anyways, im gonna get a more expensive psu with the money for fixing his pc and go for a good modular psu.

btw, has anybody had any of the cases im looking at? because i need an opinion on how thick the steel is, because its gonna get some abuse, but im gonna plexi the side panel, and get a 8500GT sooner or later, but otherwise that, thats it. ill find my webcam in a minute and grap a couple pics of the abit board. it doesnt have my 7300LE in it (yet) but it does have the mx4000 just to get it running. and last thing: HOLY CRAP THAT CASE IS FREAKING GIGANTIC....but the psu always falls out of its bracket and lands right ontop of the cpu....CANT HAVE THAT HAPPEN!!! NO NO NO, its an am2 not a freaking sktA or 754, lol.

but yea, wait about 5 min and ill grab some pics of the mobo, and boxes and psu, etc...

ooh almost forgot. NOBODY BUY THIS MOTHERBOARD IF YOU PLAN NOT TO USE IDE!!! .i was dumb and completely overlooked it, it only has one ide connector...damnit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom