New Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikkon

In Runtime
I just set up my new speakers ( logitech z - 5300 ) and im having some trouble calibrating them to 5.1. All speakers are producing sound. I have gone into my sound control panel and switched to 5.1 (both in windows and my sound card). The only two "different" channels that i am getting are left and right. The center and two rears and both blending into a right and left channel. So this leads me to believe i still have something somewhere set to 2.1. Oh if it helps i have a sound blaster audigy 2 zs sound card. Any help you guys could offer would be great. Thanks

hmm, I have this card as well, but at the same time I have creative Inspire, so some settings on Audigy (5 channel) as well.

go to start > control panel (assuming u r on WinXP)
in control panel, slick AudioHQ (again assuming you have installed major components of audigy software)

clikc device controls, then click decoder (and see u have 4/5.1 there)

I cannot specifically help u out as on Inspire's decoder, I have 4 oprions (CMSS Music/Movie, and on these I can have sound coming from all channels).

can you tell show me clear picture of Logitech's decoder that you are using?

Okay the tab options i have are : digital input, headphones, sampling rate, decoder, bit accuratemode, and options

Under decoder there are two options use installed decoder and spdif passthrough. use installed decoder is selected .

can you tell me, what buttons u have on your speaker control, as for u i have visited the logitech's site to se the speakers myself, and its not clear picture (unlike creativve, see their screen shots on web site).

there a bar that says 4/5.1 content speaker mapping, all that gives me are options of how to treat side speakers (7.1) in a 5.1 system. As for speaker control it adjusts overall volume, sub volume, rear volume, center volume and on/off matrix ( i have it on ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom