New Raptor coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...I can testify as a Raptor owner for about two years now...when it comes to operating system and application storage I will never use a 7200RPM drive again...people will argue that they offer a terrible price performance ratio but you CAN feel the difference and you'll appreciate the value behind them

Of course I have a boatload of larger 7200RPM drives for general data storage...Raptors are intended to store stuff you need to load quickly, that's why they aren't big

gaara said:
Of course I have a boatload of larger 7200RPM drives for general data storage...Raptors are intended to store stuff you need to load quickly, that's why they aren't big
Yeah but if you have the $$$ then getting a raptor for storeage can only help things.

I don't know why people are complaining about the storage capacity. You don't buy Raptors for storage, you buy them for speed.

what do you mean, i was complaing at least on my end paying $380 for a drive that is double the size. i cant justify spending that amount, when you can get better performance at a lower cost, I.E. 2 36 or 74 gig raptors in raid 0, for what, like 200 for 36's and 280 for 74's, and if its fast storage you want, MAN just get 2 or more huge drives like 160, 200, 250,etc and then raid o them or if you want data protection raid 5. for the price of that raptor i can almost get 800 gb with better performance. now maybe i could see spending like 250 or so for it, since that is usally the step up for them, BUT NOT 380 as they claim.

Thats pretty great. I have a 36GB Raptor now that holds my OS, and a couple other high-demand programs. I have definitely noticed a difference in how fast Windows boots, and how fast programs loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom