New ram crashing computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeky Chino

Solid State Member
Hi everyone,

I just bought new ram the other day (512mb Kingmax DDR-400 3200) and was running it with some old 256mb DDR 266 which i have sinec removed from the box and am now running a single 512 stick.

My problem is that now when i try to run any games my computer simply reboots instantly, i've tried loading World of Warcraft and Half-Life 2, both crash when loading the game, the games dont even load once i double click to load the game it loads a little then when the game actually launches it reboots.

I dont actually see the game. just screen turns black and reboots.

Anyone know what could be causing these system restarts?

Thanks
Cheeky Chino

I don't wanna jump in over my head or anything, but could you detail a little more of what you've tried so far?

my first thought was maybe a virus of some sort. would suck to have ram make it through boot and everything then just crash on games. doesnt seem right.

another possibilty that comes to mind, is video driver problems. I cant say anything for sure, but try out those things. someone else probably has a better idea than me :p so yeah...

*slight bump

You should download memtest86+ just google for that name.

Put it on a bootable floppy or CD restart your machine and boot from it. It'll thoroughly test your RAM because from what you're saying I believe that's at fault.

If the RAM errors in that test then I believe that's what's causing your problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom