new pc build

Status
Not open for further replies.

dartgande

In Runtime
Ok peoples, I have a two thousand dollar spending limit for the computer, itself, and it is getting down to the wire. February 15th is when I am beginning my build, and I need help deciding what components would be worth more, and what will give me more bang for my buck, considering that the 2 k will be for nothing more than the computer, and tower with power supply, of course. The number of different things I have come up with, as follows:

3500+ 939 pin - of course, willing to change.

Radeon X800 XT or 2 6800 GT's in an SLI configuration

haven't decided on motherboard, I am completely open for this.

1 gig, Dual Channeling of course, of Corsair Ram

74 gb 10,000 RPM Raptor HD and a 200 gb Western Digital HD

not decided on Tower or PS yet, but wanna keep it under 200 bucks.

not decided on cooling solution yet.

Remember, I want the most "bang for my buck!", the best performance I can get with the most room for easy upgradability in the future! Thanks for your time and help!

I posted this in your other thread:
Asus A8N Nforce4 SLI motherboard $187
you'll need an SLI board to go with the cards

G.Skill 2x512MB PC4400 DDRRAM $237.75
this is the best RAM for overclocking, or even at stock speeds it's still really fast.

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Winchester $285
this is the CPU that has tested to go best with the G.Skill RAM, with the Winchester core, and the ability to reduce the multiplier, to increase the HTT (Athlon 64's equivalent to FSB) and get better transfer speeds between RAM and CPU.

Ultra X-Connect 500W PSU $81
blue, titanium or black. these PSU's are about the most reliable, and best looking you can get. you can take out the cables you don't need, and all of them are sleeved.

LG 16x dual layer DVD burner $64

LG 52x24x52x16 CDR/RW + DVD $37

Seagate 300GB SATA $224
huge drive, reliable, quiet, and fast access time

Dell Sony 21" Trinitron or a black one $99 or $149
this is a really good monitor, I actually have the exact same one myself running at 2048x1536 (although my TNT2 doesn't like it much hehe)

case: anything you like. if you get a black case, you might want to get the black monitor

total = $1869.75 or $1919.75 without case
- that includes the dual 6800 GT's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom