New PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest a Gigabyte K8NNXP-939
they suppot the full 2GHZ FSB also, which a lot of 939 motherboard's lack

even a 3200+ in socket 939 would be much better than a P4 3.2, and that's not even when running 64-bit
when they run 64-bit, they should theoretically double in performance

also, I would reccomend a Seagate 120GB SATA drive instead of WD.
WD are a good brand, and I like them, although I think Seagate are the best for 7200RPM drives

ok, ill get the seagate instead.
also i was thinking bout getting an eVGA card since the BFG is a lil too much. for a motherboard how is an MSI K8TNEO2-F 939, its more in my price range than the Gigabyte one you suggested

your graphix card sux, i've got a 9200 and it sux. you have the se (sucky edition) so its even worse. THe rest looks ok to me but im sure others could give oyu better info.

Also keep in mind that today (14th) AMD is supposed to have a massive price drop in their amd 64 line and possibly in all of their chips. They are also releasing the FX-55 and 4000+ in the s939 chip.

So if you were holding off on a new cpu waiting for a price drop now might be that time although it might take a day or two for stores to lower the prices.

Edit: Jebathan the BFG 6800 gt is only 405$ (cheapest ive seen so far on Pricewatch).
It's way overpriced at newegg if that is where you looked it up at.

awesome, thnx ya i was looking on Newegg. I'll have to check price watch more often. I was planning on wait a lil bit to get all my parts anyway so I'll wait till they have their price cut, perhaps i can get a better system than expected.

Well, in case you were interested I'm going to be building a new system based around the amd 64 3800 soon as well but going to wait until around christmas. Hopefully a lot of the hardware will be on sale and get better deals.

So if your money doesn't burn a hole in your pocket might be smart to wait until the holiday season rolls around. Not to far off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom