New PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

navin

Baseband Member
Hi there,

I'm planing to build my own PC by buying the below hardware. I would welcome any suggestion if you have any bad or good experience with the hardware.

Processor : AMD Athlon XP 2600 + / 512K / 333Mhz
Mainboard: Asus A7N8-X
Hard Disk : Seagate 80GB Barracuda / 7200RPM
Memory : Kingston 512MB PC 3200 DDR400
Display Card : Nvidia GeForce FX5200 128MB
Floppy / CD-ROM / DVD-ROM / CD-RW - Sony

Thanks a lot friends.

You really don't need a CD ROM when you going to get the DVD ROM. That would be 3 drives including the burner. Two is plenty. You should have a DVD ROM and a DVD burner, which will do both CD and DVD burning. No need to DVD Burner if you won't be burning DVD though.

It looks like a good system, if you are doing any gaming I might suggest using an ATI video card but the nVidia will work just fun for most games. 512MBs will be enough memory for most applications but be aware more would not hurt. either 768 or 1024MBs would be the most I would do. Also do not be alarmed when the PC3200 does not work at that speed. If the processor has a FSB of 333MHz then the memory will run at this speed too. I might suggest dropping down to PC2700 memory just to match the FSB speed unless you plan on overclocking then the current configuration will work fine.

Interesting point CrucialLabs. I was thinking about building a similar system, but I didn't know that about the RAM. Is it harmful for the system to use the PC 3200, or are you recommending PC 2700 simply because you would be paying for something you couldn't use with the PC 3200? I'm asking because I already have 512 MB of PC 3200 RAM with an XP 2500+.

that is correct, you would be wasting the extra money on the pc3200 when you could just buy the 2700, unless you were planing on upgrading the cpu to match the ram soon. also what is the diff numbers compared to fsb. ie, 2700=333fsb...so on and so on.

wau.. thanks guys for all the reply. regarding on the ram i might downgrade to 2700 as suggested and normally i would play soccer mgmt game namely championship manager 4.
a question here, would ATI card beat nVidia card any time?? lets compare a 128MB one.

well, i think they both equal up as good cards, i would say it comes down to what you are going to use it for and what features you want on it.

hey im thinkin of buildin a similar system for playin games, will it be able to cope

AMD 2600xp
512 pc3200 (possebly 2700 now)
Gigabyte 128 9600 XTG
dvd rw 4x
dvd rom
floppy
120gig SATA 8meg segate
Gigabyte 7vt600f mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom