new nvidia update

Status
Not open for further replies.

beautiphil

In Runtime
so i got the new nvidia update and now when i watch a movie on my computer its all white?

the old driver would work fine.

how can i fix this?

right click "my computer", properties, click the "hardware" tab, go to device manager, click the + beside "display adapters" right click your driver, go to properites, find the "roll back driver"

No, there is a way to fix this.

The new drivers adjusted the color correction settings for overlay.
This is how you can fix it.

start -> control panel -> display -> settings tab -> advanced -> GPU Tab -> color correction drop down.
For the "Color Profile" drop down, change it from "Standard Mode" to "Advanced Mode".
In the "Apply color changes to:" drop down, select "Overlay". You should see a straight line.

This is a common problem with the new Nvidia drivers. Make sure you are using Hardware Video Decoding and Hardware Color Acceleration. I haven't fixed this myself, but I troubleshooted it for a friend over AIM, and he said enabling those two things fixed it.

For those who immediately suggested he roll back drivers, you are smarter than that....think about these things before you post.

Calzinger said:
No, there is a way to fix this.

The new drivers adjusted the color correction settings for overlay.
This is how you can fix it.

start -> control panel -> display -> settings tab -> advanced -> GPU Tab -> color correction drop down.
For the "Color Profile" drop down, change it from "Standard Mode" to "Advanced Mode".
In the "Apply color changes to:" drop down, select "Overlay". You should see a straight line.

ya that worked thanks so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom