New NEW Hardware Arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Well I finally got the RIGHT motherboard this time today. I installed it and all that good stuff, but unfortunately my luck ran out today I guess. The last 3 times I've pieced a computer together it booted up just fine. This time it doesn't =/ The power comes on, but there are no beeps, no signal, no nothing. No d-link bracket with lights on this board to notify me of problems. Usually this is a sign of the CPU because I KNOW everything else works fine, it was just running in the other motherboard today.

The CPU should be fine, but I suppose I could reseat it again. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions to first check. Think the board is grounding out? I have never had a problem with that before.

So yeah...it powers up but sits there, no video signal, no beeps, no nothin, fans spinnin. Thanks all

Thanks guys. Sorry to revive this thread, but I haven't had my main comp running so haven't been on :D I do indeed have HD on IDE1 I know this, and I'm pretty sure the IDE connections are tight but I haven't double checked them. I'm thinking I might just have to take it completely apart and just set everything in there again. I absolutely know none of the other components are busted, because I powered down my machine, switched the mobo's then it wouldn't boot up. So either something is loose, motherboard is bad, or motherboard is grounding out. Hopefully something is just loose cause man I'm getting tired of switching out mobos in this thing :p Thanks all I'll let you guys know what if anything worked

Thanks Ek :D I was thinking of taking a big piece of styrofoam and laying the mobo on that. Styrofoam isn't at all electrically conducting right? :p Just want to make sure although I don't see why it would be. And the computer will be able to access the BIOS with just vid card and RAM in it? Because if that's the very basic that I need to put in, then I will just put those two things in. Thanks once again guys. It's very much appreciated. Great forums around here

Problem Fixed

Well.....so I was going to do what step 5. said to do in the link that ek suggested. I open my case, prepare it for dismanteling and I see a hair...go thought it was just hanging there so I go to grab it real quick and it slips through my fingers......the hair isnt just laying there....come to find out it was stuck...where you ask? Well apparantly when I put in my RAM, there was a hair lying across the slot...so yeah the RAM pushed in the hair and it wouldn't boot. For sh!ts and giggles I thought...no way...and plugged in my computer and up she booted.....this is TWICE that hair has caused my computer to not boot...not a lot of it..always just one single piece....lol so anyone who wants to pull a nice prank just lay a piece a hair across someones RAM slot and put in the RAM and their comp won't boot lol. Anyway thanks everyone who helped with this problem. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom