new motherboard computer wnot start

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey everyone i just put in my new mother board abit vt7 and when i turn on the psu switch the computer wont turn on the fans spin for like tenth of a secnod then everything stops so i startedmessing with the switch and everything turned on then iturned it off from the back and then it wudnt start so i took it out left it there for a day then 2day i got bak 2 it and i noticed that i had put the cpu wrong it wasent int he socket comletely so i took it out and put it back in corectly and checked everything was right so i put it back in and then i got the same problem wudnt turn on lights flickrd for tenth of a second help please asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The basics:-

Are all cables & devices connected properly? Make double sure.

There should be a little power light somewhere on the motherboard, when you turn your PSU on does this light come on?

What kind of PSU are you using (Manufacturer/Wattage)?

EDIT: Oh, can you post the rest of your system specs for reference?

when i turn on the psu no power goes 2 the motherboard no green light goes the only green light i saw was when it turned on the first time then never tujrned on till now i use a 500 wattage psu called switching power supply and i dont think i burned something cuz first time it wwent on everything looked ok in side no smoke no smell gren light for mobo turned on

Could be a PSU issue, you could try using another (if you've got access to one)...

The first time you turned it on, did you hear a single "Beep" from the motherboard? Or any sound attall?

i tried using my old psu it was 230 wats and when i pluged it only into my mobo i turned it on and in the back there is this light on the old psu and it started blinking

Try reseting CMOS. In your mobo manual it will tell you how to do this using the jumpers and battery.

EDIT: Don't know if this'll work, but it's worth a shot imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom