New Motherboard???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmoothDime

Beta member
Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum. Hi. I have an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe and I've been using it since June of '03. Are the newer motherboards a lot better than this board? Is it worth upgrading?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Smooth:)

Welcome to the forum. First off, is this the motherboard that you own? If so, I would not recommend switching motherboards. For Socket A CPU's, that is a very good motherboard, especially with the dual channel capability. The Abit NF7 line of motherboards is also a very good (especially for overclocking), but in my opinion not worth paying extra. Your motherboard is very good, and I would stick with it. However, when you say "upgrading", do you mean simply getting a new motherboard, or upgrading your CPU, motherboard, and other components?

i don't know too much about my motherboard other than the name(ASUS A7N8X); there's no dash E with mine so I don't think that's the exact one but it is similar. I just bought all these computer parts about 18 months ago and put them together. I have'nt really tinkered with hardware since - so i just wanted to check on the current state of motherboards and CPU's etc.

I have an AMD CPU that runs at 2.08 GHz(i think it's the 2800+). i have two 512 MB sticks. are these specs still good?

Yes, those specs are still good. They're not top-of-the-line of course, but they're still good. What reason do you mostly use your computer? Gaming? Internet surfing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom