New Monitor/Video Card - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 03:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Default New Monitor/Video Card

I was thinking of getting a new TV and video card for a couple of reasons. First I dont think that manufacturers produce CRT monitors larger then 22inch, maybe they do. I want to get a big tv (30inch) and use that as my monitor. My question is can that be done? If so what kind of Video card would I need to get and what kind of peripherals would i need to buy?

Old 05-17-2004, 04:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: New Monitor/Video Card

Quote:
Originally posted by Cherubimon_3.20
I was thinking of getting a new TV and video card for a couple of reasons. First I dont think that manufacturers produce CRT monitors larger then 22inch, maybe they do. I want to get a big tv (30inch) and use that as my monitor. My question is can that be done? If so what kind of Video card would I need to get and what kind of peripherals would i need to buy?
You can do it with a video card that supports TV out, or one that has S-Video ports. I know ATI all in wonder cards support this. However if you want quality I'm afraid you wont go far unless you buy a high quality digital based television such as a good HDTV compliant one.
Closed Thread