New Monitor need help =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceyc0ld

In Runtime
Hey guys so I'm going to buy a new monitor on December 4th, which is just a week away.

I'm currently on a HP w1907 19" monitor.

I want a 1920x1080 one, and it has to be available on bestbuy because I am receiving a gift card to use there. It also needs to be compatible with a EVGA 9400 GT. I'm currently using VGA. And since I'm building a PC in February , it also needs to be compatible with a GTX 460 or a ATI 5770.

Not sure if I should get LCD or LED, but surely like I said, needs to be 1920x1080, 22" or 24", and obviously needs to have good color, HD, all that good stuff. Also, what's the difference between LED and LCD, all I know is that LED is thinner. The monitor I am using now has built in speakers, if I get one without built in speakers, I would have to plug in a headset right ?

I was looking at this one: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ViewSonic+-+22%22+Widescreen+Flat-Panel+LED+Monitor+with+Built-In+Speakers/9939787.p;jsessionid=5F4187F61698A6B7BEC254D4C06F06A1.bbolsp-app01-50?id=1218198090154&skuId=9939787&st=22%20led&cp=1&lp=2 (Speakers)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ViewSonic+-+22"+Widescreen+LED+Monitor+-+Glossy+Black/1473144.p;jsessionid=5F4187F61698A6B7BEC254D4C06F06A1.bbolsp-app01-50?id=1218261843580&skuId=1473144&st=22 led&cp=1&lp=1 (No Speakers)

The one with speakers is $150.99 and the one without is $159.99

I will be using it to play WoW mainly/browsing internet, youtube... And finally, my budget is $150-$200.

LED is nice, but it jacks up the price. And forget speakers on a monitor... even if it has them you won't use them because, well, they all suck.

Any monitor will work with any graphics card as long as the inputs match up. Even if they don't you can use an adapter to make it happen.

This monitor is good:
Asus - 24" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD Monitor - VW246H

Here it is at NewEgg:
Newegg.com - ASUS VW246H Glossy Black 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 ASCR 20000:1 (1000:1) Built-in Speakers

I almost bought this one myself, but opted for a 25" instead.

yeah speakers on a monitor are really bad, i mean it shouldn't even be used for last resort. Trotter picked out a good one, you could also look at the Samsung line up of LED's they seem to be really nice. Just buy a pair of descent speakers and you should be fine

Speakers are a waste.

I actually have an eye on that one monitor. LEDs are nice, but also very expensive. Go with a regular LCD.

It says this for the Asus Monitor:

Connectivity

Input Video Compatibility
Analog RGB, Digital

Connectors
D-Sub, DVI, HDMI

D-Sub

DVI

HDMI

I don't see VGA, wouldn't I not be able to use it ?

Also, I noticed the Asus monitor has a 1,000:1 Ratio but the viewsonic has a 10,000,000:1 Ratio in Dynamic Contrast Ratio, will I really notice a difference? All the reviews on the Asus monitor say nice picture quality, so I guess not.

You can use a DVI to VGA adapter.

vga-to-dvi.jpg

Am not sure about the Dynamic Ratio, but IIRC, that does not matter a great deal.

Here's what I don't get.. If you go to newegg and look at the screenshots you can see a vga input on the back, wouldn't I be able to just plug in the one from the video card? AND that's not listed in the details..

Btw, it's like the 8th picture on the list, click on the monitor though so you can see it. Also, on the last picture it shows a vga cable, but not on details.

If that's not the case, do you think my card brought that DVI-VGA adapter?

EDIT: I was browsing through Tigerdirect and found the same monitor but with a better contrast ratio, but a higher response time. BUT it's $150 only and deal ends on 11/30.
I'll save $40 =]. But I'll wait to see if you guys think it's good.

I'm pretty sure it's the same, the one on bestbuy model number is VW246H and the one in tiger direct is VH242H

Like I said, only difference is higher contrast but less response time, a 3ms difference.

Alright, gotcha.

But to save $40, do you think I should get the one on Tiger Direct?

EDIT- To get it a bit sooner, I'm just going to buy it at Tiger Direct. I'll be going in a few hours, so I'm going to be looking for 24" LCD's.

I'm going to be posting a picture of my video card by the back, cause I can't tell if it's VGA or DVI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom