New monitor help

sethovahea

Solid State Member
I just bought a Samsung 23' 300b lcd monitor. I am using a dvi cable. I also have a vga. When I turn it on the Windows logo and INtel monitor comes up, then it goes black. The blue led light blinks. I have a ati radeon graffix card. I ran it in safe mode to troubleshoot. IT said "graffix card is no compatible". I went back to my old monitor and the driver is fine.

can you give info? MB and graphic card models?

is it DVI-I or DVI-D? Are you able to test it on the VGA or is the monitor strictly DVI?

Asus 6450 video card,adaptor ram 1.00. I tried both vga and dvi. The new moitor just says DVI in. It has the - then the lil squares.. Old monitor works with both of them. No HDMI on the new one.

ASUS EAH6450 Silent/DI/1GD3(LP) Radeon HD 6450 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card - Newegg.com
if the graphics card is LP its output is DVI-I

Samsung manual states it ships their product with DVI-D cables..
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201105/20110518114703016/BN59-01127A-08Eng.pdf

This is from the manual
Is a blank screen displayed and does the power LED blink at
a 1 second interval?
1. This occurs when the power saving function is running.
If you click the mouse or press any key, the screen will be
turned on.
2. If the “Check Signal Cable” condition persists for more than
five minutes, Lossless mode will be activated.In Lossless
mode, the backlight of the monitor will turn off.

Did you connect with a DVI cable?
If you connect the DVI cable when the PC has booted up or if
you reconnect the DVI cable after disconnecting the cable
while using a PC, the screen may not be displayed because
some graphics cards do not output the video signal.
In this case, reboot the PC wh
ile the DVI cable is connected

Did you install the drivers?

I tried rebooting it a few times using a vga and dvi seperatly. I do see the mouse cursor moving around. The light does blink every 1 second. Am I better off using vga or the dvi? It came with vga. The small pinned one.

It working! Im using it right now!! I just hooked it when the comp was on with vga. Dvi is better right?

I rebooted it and its not working! I give up. I got a message saying video card driver doesnt support Aero? Do I needa new card with more memory?

Back
Top Bottom