New monitor, have a few LCD questions - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2008, 06:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default New monitor, have a few LCD questions

I have been looking around for a new LCD monitor, I had some linded up online but silly me waited too long and they sold out

So I ended up getting a Acer AL2216WBD on sale locally at Best Buy, I figured it would be easy to take back if there are any problems or I come across a better sale in the next 30 days or so.

Acer - 22" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD HD Monitor - AL2216WBD

So far I really like it and it looks great. I don't see any dead pixels and the only thing I noticed, it doesn't bother me but I would exchange it if it would help, is a little circle about 3" in diameter on the middle right of the screen that looks a little lighter (really dark gray) when there is a all black screen up. Like I said its not a big deal but if that's not normal I will exchange it for another one and see if it is better, if that is normal then no big deal.

I ran the calibration software to set the resolution, colors, brightness etc. Are there any other tools, maintenance apps, or anything else I should run? It seems like I remember reading that there is software you can get that will help fine tune and tweak a LCD display, although it looks great now so I don't really need it, just wondering what else there is available.

The other option was going to be..... - SAMSUNG 2232BW+ Black 22" 2ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 8000:1(1000:1) - LCD Monitors

But I didn't feel like waiting and dealing with the rebate and all that crap. From what I have read the Acer is basically just as good for the most part.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Biostar Stole my heart
Send a message via MSN to Hussein19891
Default Re: New monitor, have a few LCD questions

If you can afford it get the Samsung. You won't regret it and its $20 cheaper then usual. Great Quality monitor.

But if you are as tight with your budget as I was. Then go with the Acer.

Old 11-30-2008, 03:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

What about the backlight bleeding problem, does that sound normal or should I take it back. I'll try to take a pic and post it later.

Is backlight bleeding only around the edges of the screen or can it be in the middle area too or is that a different problem.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

I just exchanged it for another of the same model and the new one looks great, no light splotches or anyhting.
Closed Thread