New Monitor - BF2 won't work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3trj

Fully Optimized
I just got myself a new 19" TFT monitor, a Samsung 913N, and now when I try to play Battlefield 2, it begins to load, the screen goes black as usual, and then just returns to the desktop after about 3 seconds. This only has started happening since I got this monitor. It worked perfectly fine before. Can anyone help me out here?

My system specs are in my sig.

Thanks in advance.

Does it happen in other games?

Have you tried your old monitor to eliminate (unlikley) the PC? otherwise just RMA it.

The monitor works fine for everything except BF2, and I've tried my old monitor and that works. I really don't think there is anything wrong with the monitor, it must just be some incompatability thing. It's wierd. I'll try reinstalling BF2.

Um...the oldest monitor could work with BF2, unless the refresh rates arent supported...but it sounds like yours is new and since it's a TFT it should run just fine.

Yea try reinstalling WITHOUT the patch, they are making a hot fix for that patch because the patch really sucks.

Woohoo, it works fine after a re-install. :D Don't really understand that but hey.

As for the patch, yeah I heard about the memory leaks and whatnot, so I won't reinstall that. I'll wait for the next patch.

What memory leaks?

The patch I find is better than no patch, as before, if I didn't get into the first game I joined, or not find a game quickly, I would have to turn the power off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom