New Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Sir Timothy
I'm considering buying a new monitor, 22"

I've been looking at Samsungs, and i have these 2 in mind

**£10 Cashback** Samsung T220 22" TFT Monitor 1680x1050 20,000:1 2ms VGA/DVI Rose Black 3 Years Warranty - Ebuyer

Samsung SM2233BW 22" TFT Monitor 1680x1050 20,000:1 300cd/m2 5ms VGA/DVI-D Glossy Black 3 Years Warranty - Ebuyer

I was just wondering, is the T220 worth the extra money? If i bought in the next few days it would only be about £15 more expensive (£10 cashback deal), but i've seen some bad reviews about it...

Has anyone got either of these? Or any advice?

Cheers
Tim

I have the t240 and it is great. I would assume the t220 is similar in quality.

Samsung in general makes great monitors. Other brands to look at are Acer and Asus.

Acer make possibly the best 24" monitor in terms of specifications when they released it with the predator model.

the only problem is, its orange and ive heard it performs well.

i used to sell the T220 and the T240/HD models, they look pretty good and for the price verses the specs you'll find them amongst the highest rated.

though sometimes they can look a little pale in comparison to lesser specc'ed monitors in terms of colours.

as for worth the extra money, depends really lol they look practically identical side to side bar the rose black colouring which is basically just a tinge of red aside from the response rate which unless you play games where that might count such as FPS games or fast action movies etc to make sure things dont ghost then theres not much need to spend the extra IMO.

i play source on a 6ms monitor/television doesnt really help me play better or worse and i dont see any visible different from 2ms to 8 but some people believe it does make the world of difference.

- acer Play.com (UK) : Acer G24 OID 24" Widescreen TFT Monitor : Computing - Free Delivery

tbh the rest of acers stuff in my experience bar this has been kind of crappy and poorly built but they did good with this one

HP make fantastic looking monitors and the colours look pretty nice but you pay alot for the name and the specs are never too fantastic, dont know how they get them to look so good :p easy on the eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom