new mobo posting issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssyidos

Beta member
ok so i got a brand new motherboard and processor. the comp does post, but the screen is so blotched up like its a graphics issue but i tested the card in my bros comp and it worked just fine. i can see colors but thats bout it cause the screen is all messed up. even when i hooked it up to another monitor it did the same thing. any clues as to what could be my problem.

i got a MSI K8N Neo-2 Nforce 3 ultra chipset, with AMD Venice 64 3000+, Leadtech Geforce 6800GT 256mb, Patriot 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory Model PSD512400 - Retail (512mb per stick), and a Rosewill 500w powersupply. and a CHENMING CMUI-601AEB-AW Black Aluminum Server Computer Case -

This is a fresh install? Sounds to me like you need to reinstall your video card drivers. Did you install all the appropriate mobo drivers from the mobo cd? Check out your video settings in the bios by booting into the cmos. ????????

What RicoDirenzo said.

Please tell me that you formatted your HDD after you popped in your new mobo lol :grind:

wel for startes i cant even install anything as i said the screen is so blotched up i cant see anything so no the new HDD hasnt been formatted yet i cant even set the bios yet. and its not reading the primary IDE drive which is the HDD. and i havnt installed graphic card drivers yet cause i dont have windows installed yet.

Have you tried using another carD? maybe a pci video card just to see if it is actually the video card thats the problem?

Hacp said:
Have you tried using another carD? maybe a pci video card just to see if it is actually the video card thats the problem?

um i couldnt use a pci card in my mobo its a AGP mobo not PCI cause old PCI sucks ass. and i cant fit PCI express in it again cause its AGP. anymore sujestions plz? im really guessing its ither bad card, short somewhere or the ram is incompatible.

You can put a PCI card into the motherboard and the image will show right. If you don't try this then we can't be of much more help. My only other suggestion is to contact MSI first and ask them or RMA the motherboard.

okies i found my problem, it was my card. guess the one of the data pins must of got scratched when i pulled it outta the dead mobo. thnx for the help all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom