new mobo... no POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckman341

In Runtime
i know this hardware used to work because when i first purchased it i had it installed and working. however, i had to take out the new hardware and put in my old hardware to reinstall windows (long story, had to get rid of my raid array).

my new hardware is an Asus a8v mobo, a venice chip, and matching 2x 512 MB corsair memory chips.

i put my new hardware back in but its not posting anymore. i read through these forums a bit and found some suggestions. i tried:

reseating memory
reseating CPU
took motherboard out completely and reseated it
took off un-needed accesories (sound card)
i also dropped out 1 memory chip
reset CMOS

i also ensured that all the cables are plugged in properly including the 4 pin CPU molex. my video card has a power cable too, and i swapped it with another cable (different line) to make sure it was getting power.

so at this point im getting no feed to the monitor. i can only assume it isn't POSTing, but of course i can't see anything...

any ideas what the problem might be or what i might try? im going to put the old mobo back but im going to use my new memory (instead of the old) to make sure its working. will update shortly.

i should also mention that the fans are working properly, case fans and CPU fan. the fans on the video card are going too.

the light on the motherboard is lighting also.

confirmed: the new memory works with my old hardware. i ran memtest on it too.

would a venice chip run on an old a7v8x mobo? i suppose i could test the chip there if possible...

You may need to flash the lastest Asus BIOS since some motherboards require an update to use newer 90nm cores.

Are you getting any sort of error code or anything at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom