New mobo for me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KorKwin

In Runtime
Alright for christmas I got a ASRock K7VT4A+. I know, it's an offbrand but I did many reviews and I coudlnt' find a bad one so I thought why not ask for it... it's better than my old one! Well anyways first thing I coudn't and still cannot understand is that it can use a 333 fsb cpu BUT it supports up to DDR400. What the heck?? Another thing I noticed is that on the agp slot there is a little pink sticker that you remove before use but it says "Please do NOT use a 3.3V AGP card on this AGP slot of this M/B. It may cause permanent damage." Well they told me to check my manufacture's site for the voltage of my card and they don't tell me. I have a GF 4 4200 ti w/ 64 meg ram. If someone knows the voltage could they tell me? I don't want to expirement!! I wish the manual would atleast list them but oh well. One more thing.... it has ALOT of jumpers on it to adjust the multiplier. Since it's hardware thing instead of like a bios setting, would my T-bred 2400+ be able to have it's multiplier adjusted? I know it's locked but i'm thinking if it just bypassed it or something... well thanx in advance and if it's still that time, merry christmas!!

First Ive heard of having to use jumpers to overclock... was scary enough in the bios :) Looks like a pretty decent board you got. I think your video card would work seeing as how in one of the reviews I read the guy was using a Geforce FX5900XT flawlessly.

Yeah you use the jumpers for like everything. FSB, Multipliers... well that's about it but more than i'm used to. I'm planning to overclock and I got a Volcano 12 (same thing as ur venus just K7) and yes, it's loud!! But keeps me cool... i just hope I will be able to adjust the multiplier. All I need is some DDR ram... all I have is pc133... atleast 2 gigs worth of that stuff! I'm planning on ordering some after the first but I have a question... What speed of ram should I get? Like DDR2100, 2700, 3200?? I know my cpu runs at the speed of ddr2100, but i'm going to be overclocking and maybe changing the fsb so should I get like 2700 or even maybe 3200? thanx

I dont know but I'd get 2700 since a jump from 2100-3200 seems pretty skeptical. But I dont know what im talking about when it comes to that kinda stuff.

If you get the heatsink your parents will forever know when your looking at "stuff" on the internet late night... heh

haha yeah... well it has that knob that I mounted on the front to turn down the noise if I need ;)

True... But my case has like 5 other fans in it that definately aren't silent so I find a level where it all blends together and doesn't sound like I got a Boing 747 crashin through my window. But back to the ram I think i'm going to get 2700 just so i don't have to buy expensive 2100 that is "overclocking friendly"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom