new mobo, did i mess up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asmodous

Solid State Member
Ok so this is my first computer build

I got all my stuff in today,

I was about to install my dual Hard drives and Dual dvd burners when i looked on the MOBO and I could only find ONE IDE port on the mobo and it only came with ONE IDE cable

its this mobo -- ABIT "AA8-DuraMAX" i925X Chipset Motherboard for Intel LGA775 CPU - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-127-180&depa=0

So my question is did i screw up already and get the wrong mobo? is their another way to hook up all 4 of my drives on ONE IDE port?

ugh, im very frustrated with myself right now, please help!

thanks
-Chuck

OK, if it's not too late, you can return the mobo for a new one. BUT, you are not out of luck...at least not yet. There are IDE cables available with more than two connectors for your IDE devices.

-Dan The Man

Dan, could i use one of those cables to run 2 Harddrives and 2 optical drives with no prob?

Please let me know, and where would i get one of these cables?

thanks

-Chuck

also you could look into getting an IDE to SATA adapter for your drives. It won't be as fast as a SATA but it would help with your problem.

thank you very much for your help Dan, Im about to order it but i just wanted to make sure that even though my MoBo says IDE support for up to 2 devices that this cable you found will work?

just checking before i order... and btw i cant return the mobo, new egg will only exchange for the exact same thing,
Thanks again for all your help... give me the OK and ill order it asap

-Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom