New mobo, cant autodetect plug'n'play devices?!? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 04:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie

Default New mobo, cant autodetect plug'n'play devices?!?

Hiya,

I just installed my new ASUS P4P800SE board last night and it seemed to boot up fine, i was able to format my drive and reinstall windows XP home no problems. But my system is not detecting any of my devices ie, graphics card, sound card, modem, network card - nothing!!!! I have switched off onboard audio in bios and there doesnt seem to be any onboard video option with the mobo so i cant switch that off. Is there a bios setting im missing here, or something else?!! please help, im absolutely mystified by this.

Old 04-20-2005, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default Re:

Hello,

Have you tried resetting the BIOS CMOS Chip ?

|Gaming PC| |Dell Latitude E7250| |Macbook Air 13" (Mid 2013)|
|Windows 10 Pro (x64)| |Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.3 GHz| |MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X| |Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler| |Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-GAMING 5 mATX Motherboard| |Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD| |Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-SDRAM| |OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU| |NZXT Vulcan Micro ATX Case|
Old 04-20-2005, 04:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

no i havent, what does that do exactly, can you explain? and how do i do it. its my first time installing a new mobo.

thanks
Old 04-20-2005, 05:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

I think you just take the bios battery out for a few minutes, then reinsert. Never done it tho.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default Re:

Hello,

...yeah. Leave it out for like a minute or so. Or you cud do it the fancy way by locating the specific jumper on the motherboard, and removing it for a minute or so which break the circuits current.

Why couldn't they just tell you to knock the battery out...!? Strange manufacturers!

|Gaming PC| |Dell Latitude E7250| |Macbook Air 13" (Mid 2013)|
|Windows 10 Pro (x64)| |Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.3 GHz| |MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X| |Noctua NH-D15S CPU Cooler| |Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-GAMING 5 mATX Motherboard| |Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD| |Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-SDRAM| |OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU| |NZXT Vulcan Micro ATX Case|
Old 04-21-2005, 09:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Techie

well i sorted my problem last night, so ill post it here incase it helps others. I removed all cards except the graphics card, reset to defaults in the bios, made sure pnp detect was off, loaded into windows and detected the onboard sound and lan etc. Then disabled (not remove) the onboard audio driver. Shut the PC down and put my sound card in, loaded up and installed drivers for the card, then installed drivers for the graphics card and sweet as im away!

Closed Thread