new mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyNaStY336

In Runtime
If i upgraded to a new mobo but kept the same hard drive would i be required to reinstall my optical drives and things like that? or would it just be aqs simple as installing it?

You would probably have to configure them in the BIOS, but probably not in Windows.

the only thing i am worried about is the fact that when i first got the computer it was just an HP system so i have no manuals for all the components or drivers, or anything like that so what all would i have to do to really get things running like usual after installing the new board.

If i want to put an athlon 64 motherboard into it with an athlon 64 3400+ into my computer would i run into a bunch of problems or i mean how difficult would that be? please help me as i really would like to uprgrade my system soon.

Windows should just recognize the new obo and processor, but you might want to remove the old ones first.

so even if i switch from my current setup to an athlon xp and athlon board then it would be just the same as switching for a new pentium board? and it will just pretty much recognize the new board and processor and i thats about it?

Come on guys i know someone here can help me? lol im a helpful person here, please help me too.

I think it is as simple as that but I have never done it, there is only one way to find out.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom