New LCD Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eversio11

Solid State Member
Hi there, just got a 19" Sony TFT LCD monitor. The first thing I noticed when I hooked it up was the loss of color richness and the sharpness of the screen. I fiddled with the monitor's menu but not much was changed in terms of sharpness or clarity.

Is there anything I can adjust and tune under the 'Settings' tab? I have an ATI Radeon 8500 so maybe there's something I can do with that? Thanks in advance.

dan - I said it was a Sony, is there some other information that my newbie self does not know that you need?

pavlyk - it was room temp when I got it and brought it home, so I guess

I've heard (From a very limited number of sources, maybe 2) that LCD screens have a lot less color brilliance than CRT monitors.

no dude, I have a SONY 17" and had CRTz before and I can tell you it is amazing, the colors are brilliant and sharp, crisp, (what other word is there?)
Try to reset the things on the menu or put it on auto. Adjust it at 32-bit and highest resolution. It sould work fine.

True_Orb said:
I've heard (From a very limited number of sources, maybe 2) that LCD screens have a lot less color brilliance than CRT monitors.

I agree that the first LCD's are not as good as the latest CRT's, but LCD kicks @$$ :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom