New Laptop for college

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musjunk22

Daemon Poster
My cusin wants to get a new laptop to use on a long trip. She said she only need something for email/internet, photo editing, mp3's and ms word. I have no expirience with laptops and don't know what brand to get. I heard dell is good with laptops? Is this true? What other brands are good? Samsung, Sony, HP/Compaq?she also needs a digital camera. Does anyone know of a good one for $200 and uder? I need to keep the price below $1000. Any help is aprecciated. Thnanks!

IBM is expensive for nothing, looking at her work, Dell is good to go, no worries (IBM is truly a bbusiness machine, though rock solid performance, but you ont find IBM for 1000$ even used)

digital camera = get Canon A80 (cheap and excellant) as it has looks og G3/G5 and sensor of IXUS (4.0 MP), and is still cheaper from all them, as its on standard 4 X AA size batteirs

Yes your right i did not find an IBM on ebay for less than $1000, Also I wanted to know what kind of processor would be good to do those tasks, a centrino,celeron, p4?

i'll recommend centrino

it cana s well run any newest software, and u have simple in list

also, centrino has 4 hours battery life, which P-4 hasnt. i'll thoroughly recommend centrino.

IBM, Sony, are just making money on nrand names, you pay extra 1000 for that Logo (sony/IBM). nothign else. as I have previously described in my recent (may be not on ths forum) that inside, there isnt anythign unique to manucfacturers, came CPU, same mobo, same RAM. so get dell, being cheapest (not in quality though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom