new laptop cd rw driver queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarantulatarama

Baseband Member
Hi - I have installed a cd-rw drive in my laptop, and I'm looking for drivers. (It's a teac cd w224e, if you have one please send it! It's difficult to find. Windows doesn't seem to have drivers. When I put this drive in the bay, the computer didn't say 'new hardware detected'. When I go to install new hardware, the pc won't see it, and there's no opportunity to select a cd drive. The drive spins a disc and the light flashes, but nothing appears in My Computer)

My other query is this: I wish to return this computer to it's factory settings using a reload cd supplied by the manufacturer. If this wipes everything, it will then not have the drivers for the cd drive. Won't this then be a problem for this process?

I have just been on the phone to Teac in Germany, and it seems that there are two seperate things, a 'cable select device' and a 'cable select inverse device', and I have the wrong type which is causing this problem. My plan is to get the other type and see if it works as one hopes it would.

Does any one know how to determine which device is compatible with which computer? Obviously, the manufacturers would be able to tell this, but Brits here will know that Time computers are box sellers who won't give you the time of day without moolah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom