New Keyboard/Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkpitt45

Daemon Poster
Well I just got the pair of skis I wanted for $200 less than they were originally. So I've got some extra cash decided to get a new keyboard and mouse since my mouse is starting to wear out anyways.

I have the logitech g15 currently, the first blue version with the folding screen. Still works great, except the drivers aren't compatible with windows 7 yet so the screen, most media, and macro buttons are all useless. I only ever used the macros for age of empires 3, which I don't play anymore so they aren't that important.

I'd like something that doesn't make a lot of noise, scissor keys or something similar. Thats the one gripe I have with this G15 is that typing is loud, and you have to press the keys down further than I like. The Logitech illuminated keyboard looks like the perfect thing, http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/4740&cl=ca,en tad expensive though once tax and shipping are added. Is there any others like it? Quiet with media buttons? Never realized how much I used them until now, pain in the butt to have to un-minimize itunes just to pause or skip a song. But quietness is what I'm looking for, not everyone likes me typing stuff out at 1 in the morning sooo.

As for mice I just have some logitech wireless something, only had to change the batteries once in the two years I've owned it. I was looking into the razer mice, they're all wired, but my computer's on top of the desk beside me so that isn't too big of a deal if they are pretty much the best mice.

Just looking for opinions or suggestions that any has if they have any of those are what's good/bad.

(hoping this is the right place, didn't see any other topics like this)

If you are looking for wireless and a razer there is this option.

You will be able to do either wired or wireless with this one.

Newegg.com - RAZER Mamba Black 7 Buttons USB Laser Gaming Mouse - Dual Mode Wired/Wireless Functionality - Mouse

As for a keyboard I do not know. Razer makes some nice keyboards including one with an ipod dock. That might be something to look into if you have an ipod.

Newegg.com - RAZER Pro|Type White 104 Normal Keys 23 Function Keys USB Standard Keyboard - Keyboards

I do not know how loud it is. Razer keyboards tend to be quieter.

I have the Reclusa (Product by Microsoft and Razer) and it is ultra quiet compared to my Logitech and my Microsoft Natural Keyboard 400 that i had.

I would also 2nd the notion for anything Razer. They are excellent products. After using them i wont use anything else now.

I would also 2nd the notion for anything Razer. They are excellent products. After using them i wont use anything else now.
:D My brother by another mother.

$129 for that mouse, thats pushing it :p. I'd get that white keyboard dirty pretty fast, but the ipod dock would be useful considering how I have to sync my ipod now..

Amazon.com: Logitech MX Revolution Cordless Laser Mouse (Black): Electronics
Mx revolution for sort of cheap, gonna go try it at staples maybe.

Amazon.com: Logitech Illuminated Ultrathin Keyboard with Backlighting: Electronics
Think I may have decided on this keyboard, considerably smaller than the g15 and with quiet keys that still light up :D.

My only concern with the razer mice are that they're ambidextrous, afraid that might strain my hand a bit. My current mouse is slightly tilted to the left; but now that I look at my hand I don't even rest it on the mouse. Only my finger tips touch it, wrist is resting on the gel pad of my mouse pad.

Razer mice may be ambidextrous but the truth is they are very comfortable. I have used Mice that were strictly for right handed people, and then i switched to a Razer Diamondback. I can tell you that the Razer mouse is actually much more comfortable than the mouse that was designed for my hand.

The Razer mice just sit perfectly and fit your hand just right. Even when i have used it left handed it felt just right.

Those are decent choices. I used a Logitech that was close in design to the one you have chosen and it is decent. The keyboard seems like it would lay a little to flat which could give your wrist pain if you dont do something to help support your wrist just right.

Hehe I've got a bunch of those gel pads laying around. The old dell keyboard killed my wrists because of the bottom edge, had to lift my wrists up a bit to type.

This logitech g15 is pretty nice to type on, but its loud, big, and rather tall. The keys almost have to be pushed down too far, not that noticeable but my fingers are always slightly stiff after typing something of considerable length. Never had that happen when I used the laptop. I was a bit dissapointed in it though, it wasn't "the greatest" gaming + typing keyboard everyone was hyping it up for. Its solid, but not perfect. Not to mention I picked it up at futureshop for $129.99 or something ridiculous.

With the razer mice though, is it designed to have your hand resting on it? Not sure how to explain it, but my fingertips are the only thing that touches my current mouse. Also the mx revolution is only 800 dpi, while most of the razers are 1600+. I like a fast mouse, not sure what mine is currently; but I don't use a mouse to play fps (prefer xbox controller) so would there be that much of a difference between the two speeds?

I think in normal everyday computing it wouldn't matter or games such as WoW. My mouse I use right now for fps is only 800dpi and it works fine.

Death Adder and Mamba by Razer are ergonomic as well. Feel a lot better then most normal mice.

Proper keyboard and mouse ediquite requires your wrist to not rest. That does get difficult during gaming sessions and what not. I know I don't follow it. But I was just preaching what I don't practice. :p

Thanks, but I went to staples and tried the mx revolution. It's amazingly comfortable, fits into my hand perfectly. Only bad part is you gotta buy it with some generic keyboard for $229 there. But thats what Amazon is for.. gotta drive to the border to get it, but it'll be worth it hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom