New keyboard cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trekkie00

In Runtime
Well, I found an old style "clicky" keyboard at a yard sale awhile ago. I used it for awhile, and then took it apart because it was absolutely filthy.

And then we moved.

Now, I can't find the cable anywhere. I had taken it off (it was removable, there's a port on the keyboard body for it) so it wouldn't damage the keyboard during the move, but it makes it a little hard to use.

The connector is ~7.9mm / ~.31 inches wide and has 4 pins, labeled CDVG for (C)lock (D)ata (V)oltage (G)round (or so I would assume). It was originally connected to an AT cable, but worked happily on a PS/2 converter.

What I'm wondering is, if i bought a PS/2 cable extender and soldering iron, could I create a connector to connect the keyboard again? It looks like the pinouts and voltage for AT and PS/2 are the same, and since it worked with the adaptor I'm fairly confident I wouldn't fry anything. I just want to double check to make sure I'm not doing something I'm gonna regret.

On a side note, there's a switch that was originally on the back of the keyboard that was only labeled "X - A". Any ideas what that is for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom