New Hard Drive Install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what I found out from DELL today...not much of anything....Part # 1W392, Processor, 80532, 2.4G, 512K, 533, SKN, CI 3T622, Assembly, Card (circuit), Planar (motherboard), 850E, Audio, Transformer, Sky Dive Minitower....hope his helps.....thanks

hey, im having a similar problem with a maxtor 120gb i just bought, it sounds like it is your jumpers as on certain settings mine also caps at 33gb, if you simply remove the jumper it will default as slave, which should make it work..

Yeah. What that does is put the hard drive into cable select mode. If you put the hard drive on the slave position of the IDE cable, the hard drive will automatically register as a slave drive. If you put the hard drive on the primary of the second IDE cable, it will register as a master.

I wold hold off on this, at least until you find out if there is a mobo BIOS update out there for your computer.

Edit:

I believe that I found a BIOS update. Before you download it, let someone else check and make sure that I've found the correct one. If it's not, you'll have a whole lot of fun trying to get your system up and running again.

http://support.dell.com/FileLib/Typ...EN&SvcTag=&SysID=DIM_PNT_P4_8200&DeviceID=308

So does anyone know if this might be the right thing, or will I have to call DELL? I hate dealing with them...lol....you almost always get someone who barely knows how to speak english, and sometimes I even wonder how much they even know about computers. Thanks.

Are you talking about when I run maxblaster to set up the new hard drive and it says partition type cause it already says Partition 1 Type NTFS 33.8 GB? If not, what boot to the CD are you talking about? Sorry, still a newb at some of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom