New Hard Drive Install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoMan813

In Runtime
I installed a new Maxtor 160GB Hard Drive in my computer and when everything was done and installed and working, I went to my computer - Disk2_Vol1 (G:) - Properties, and it said it only had 31.4 GB of space. Why is that and how do I fix it?

I also left the old 40GB hard drive in the computer as the master and installed the new 160GB as the slave and set it up as extra storage if that helps any.

I dont even know what SP-1 is, but is there a way for me to find that out. And I couldnt find anything about admin in control panel.

MoMan813 said:
I dont even know what SP-1 is, but is there a way for me to find that out. And I couldnt find anything about admin in control panel.

Sp1 is service pack 1. It is a master bug fix update for windows xp. Windows 2000 and windows NT has serveral of them as well.

www.microsoft.com/windowsxp

It should be listed there.

You should install it...

Thanks a lot ChaosBlizzrd. I was reading the instructions that came with the drive and it said something about having that service pack, but when I tried there link it didnt exist. Thats is what I needed though. It wants to know what version of internet explorer I have before I download it, how do I find this out?

MoMan813 said:
Thanks a lot ChaosBlizzrd. I was reading the instructions that came with the drive and it said something about having that service pack, but when I tried there link it didnt exist. Thats is what I needed though. It wants to know what version of internet explorer I have before I download it, how do I find this out?

Open IE, click help, then click about internet explorer.

Alright, well I found out that I have version 6.0 and that I already have Service Pack 1 so now what?...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom