New Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhys

Baseband Member
I'm getting a new hard drive soon and i was wondering if it is difficult to have both my current hard drive and the new one running at the same time?

Does this concern my motherboard or my case?

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-6VXE7

Or will it be easier to just get the pc store im buying the hard drive from to copy all the files and programs from my original hard drive to the new one and sell the old one?

well I'd put the bigger/faster drive as master and have the OS on that one, then use the other one to put in files that don't really belong to the OS - eg. setup programs for downloaded files or other stuff

So i should install my OS, games and office on the new HD and keep the old one as storage for things i dont use as much.

just don't forget to reformat the old HD within windows. copy your files from the oldHD to the new HD.and right click on the old drive and format using the same filing system.

Ok. With games, will they still function properly if i just copy the folder from program files that their in to my new hard drive? Or will i need to reinstall them to the faster HD?

with most programs they have to be in the registry to run properly, and this is only done when they have been installed on your current OS. If you just move the programs you are not keeping the registry settings with them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom