New hard drive....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraph

In Runtime
I am currently looking for a new hard drive for my computer. The one it has in now is only 20 gigs.....really really not enough. However, I only really need a 40 gig. I dont know which one to get. I am going to order one from Newegg (most likely). I dont want one that is too expensive. I try to keep in below 75$.

I use my computer for playing games mostly, so I need something that will be relatively fast. I am also probably going to get some more RAM soon.

If you need my system specs then here they are:

Dell Dimension 4300

Intel Pentium 4 1.6 ghz processor
256 megs of RAM
Windows XP
NVIDIA GeForce 4 Ti 4200

Thanks.

Western Digital Special Edition 80GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model WD800JB, OEM Drive Only

Will I be able to run this on my computer? I found it at Newegg for $70 with free shipping and it was recommended by someone who builds custom gaming computers.

ya know the difference in price between the 40g 8mb cache 7200rpm and the 80g 8mb cache 7200rpm is nearly 10 bucks, mine as well spend the extra pocket change and double your storage...

remember to grab the 8MB HDD. For what i know, Western Digital will be cheaper abit compare to others.
By the way, u have 2 increase your RAM too.

I know. I am getting the 80 gig one. That is finished. I get it for $70 and free shipping....done deal.

What kind of RAM.....does it matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom