New Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you said the computer shuts itself down? Here comes the first advice that comes when this happens is have you downloaded the latest drivers from NVIDIA (sometimes the ones on the CD's are duds) If problem still occurs just make sure there are no weird options on the Nvidia manager (make sure your video card actually registers on the manager so it says 6000 whatever) selected ( I don't what options that could be?) You need to pop the case and look at the label on the power supply (Power is a common problem on these Pre-Fab computers) if it says 250 watts you got a power problem.

If not the case just check the card in a different computer (like a mates or something) because obviously the card is where the problem lies... Is the 5200 onboard or is it stand-alone because you might need to change the BIOs video (highly unlikely as most prefab computers shut down onboard once the new card is in though.) It sounds like that once the Video card begins to get a work-out like in BF2 the power demand increases causing a crash.

yea its a 250 watt PSU which i don't get because i've read on other forums of other people using a 250 watt PSU to power a 6600 GT. I bought it for a new rig but i don't have all the parts yet. I figured i could use it in my dell untill i got the mula for the rest or the parts.

i'll check it in my buds computer tommorow, thanks for the help wedge, Win2kpatcher and Rico.

I put it in my buds computer and the same thing happened, so im sending it back to newegg for a new one . Easier process than i thought thanks to newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom